Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Oskar Loves The Lorax- Dan and Dorisa Hate The Pokey Little Puppy

Oskar is addicted to The Lorax. This is lucky because I actually don't mind reading it over and over again. Downside is that it is a very long book, so it's a bit of a commitment. Sometimes I try spicing things up a bit by singing some of the words. The page that starts with "Way back in the day when the grass was still green and the pond was still wet and the clouds were still clean" sounds super as a 1940s/50s musical take-action type song. Sometimes I do some of the book in a rap, but since I'm the one doing it, it probably sounds like a bad cheer. One time Dan considered reading Oh The Places You'll Go in a metal type voice, but this book was already giving him nightmares at the time so he decided against it. The Pokey Little Puppy is a terrible book. Just saying.

Like most toddlers, Oskar loves picking flowers for mommy.
Every time he does this I of course think of Five Iron Frenzy's song Dandelions.
Then I am especially happy. Watch the video HERE.


If Oskar doesn't get tired enough during the day he will do anything to prolong story time. This includes cry/chanting "one more book." I always turn off the light and sing him some songs and when I try to get up he goes "Momma lay down? Momma lay down? Momma lay down right here." And pats the second pillow on his bed. He is so cute. It is somewhat heart breaking.

Sunday morning cuddles. Drank his milk, said thank you,
snuggled in and was snoring in 30 seconds.

My doctor has put me on "survival mode" as far as eating goes. She said that if I can eat it, shove it down. If I don't start eating more I'll have to go in in a couple weeks for a weigh-in and to discuss some options. I don't expect this to happen. I have started feeling a bit better- been much less nauseous, just quite light headed. I had my first trimester screening and everything went well there. Got some ultrasound pictures, including the creepy 3D ones. The baby was so still and calm until about the last 2 or 3 minutes and then it literally looked like it started dancing. I'm thinking it was sleeping and then something startled it and it looked like it punched into the air and then just started squirming about. It was pretty funny.


Creepy alien baby says 'hi'

Has anyone ever tried to gain weight before? This is not a common problem in our society and it is a completely backward way of thinking. For example:

Dan: "Do you want any garlic bread or anything to go with it?"
Dorisa: "Um, no thanks, I'm good, I don't want to make it."
Dan: "I can get the pre-prepared stuff."
Dorisa: "Don't worry about it."
Dan: "It'll add a bunch of calories."
Dorisa: "Good point. Go for it."

I know I don't usually make the healthiest eating choices, but I try to choose the healthier of unhealthy options. Like deciding to put a small dollop of light sour cream in my chili versus a large dollop of real sour cream. Now everything is backwards. Bring on the sour cream! Garlic bread? I'll have 3! It's literally bread soaked in butter! I can't loose! Naked juice is "Not a low calorie food." Great! Fruit AND calories!

Oskar does a puppy puzzle in his puppy blanket.

Some toolbag kid just threw what looked like strips of tar into our yard. I'm pretty upset about that. I tried to get up and tell him to pick it up, but I lost my blood and had to sit down. I'm mad. Who does that? Just when I was thinking, "It's nice to live in a neighborhood where kids are always running about. And how nice of that kid to pick up that garbage and throw it away." WRONG. I want to punch something. School is already out in this town. That is clearly a mistake because it let all the hooligans out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment