Saturday, May 1, 2021

This Episode Brought to You by My Second Covid Shot

Elena when I told her that Nebula and Amy Pond were played by the same actress.

We were at Oskar's baseball practice last week and Elena was bored so she was just sprinting back and forth along the field. She eventually decided to do a running somersault and long story short, Elena did a flip on Wednesday.

I was so excited after I got my shot yesterday because nothing happened. I went back to work and everything was fine, then came home and took my normal Friday afternoon nap and all was glorious. Until about 10:00 PM when I became exhausted and EVERYTHING started hurting. It was not at all gradual. It was, 'Ha! This TV show is so funny' and then BAM and 'Holy crap I didn't know my eye sockets could hurt.' So I am spending the last weekend of my 34th year from the couch. I mean, I probably would be on the couch anyway, but this time I can blame the shot and not the fact that I'm really lazy on weekends.



I'm so sorry I've neglected the blog for so long. I would like to say that nothing has happened, but that isn't true. Most of you saw on Facebook that we moved into our house, finally. Make no mistake this does not mean that our house is done, and right now it feels like it never will be. We are slowly unpacking and getting rid of things we don't need, which I love, but it is taking a really, really long time.

So yeah, Oskar and Elena have started "playing" baseball. It's adorable and infuriating, We have one child with oodles of natural athletic ability and one who struggles to stay standing up straight. I try not to hover but for the love of Pete why can't he remember that he is right handed?

When we told Oskar he was going to play baseball he responded by saying that he didn't like moving. To which I said that baseball was the perfect activity for him. He is really interested in the rules and how the game works, but with no drive to excel. Which is fine. All we told him he had to do was have a good attitude about it. And yes, I absolutely bribed him with a videogame. Shut up. I did what needed to be done and you aren't going to make me feel bad about it.

Oskar and Elena occasionally mention things they miss about living in Brandon. These things include the people and the pieces of wood nailed to our tree so Ellie could climb it. But it's also amazing what made an impression on them while we were there. The other day some heavy machinery appeared in front of out house and Oskar looked outside and said, "I think they are going to fix the road."

I asked, "Yeah? Why do you think that?"

"Our road is not very good. But at least it's not as bad as the one in Brandon. I couldn't even ride my scooter on that one. It was just jsssssshhhhhhhhhhh."

Another conversation between us:
O: Did you ever get growing pains?
Me: Yes.
O: That's why my pinky hurts.
Me: No.

That's it. That's the whole post. I'm just going to ease back into this blogging thing and see if it takes. Sorry for the brevity, but my body is saying sleep, so I'm going to listen to it.


1 comment:

  1. Gosh I've missed this. Hopefully the symptoms are already receding.

    ReplyDelete